- Improve incentives for "green" building, and centralize the information on available incentives.
- Expedite the approval process for "climate-friendly" projects, and prioritize "green" building projects for affordable housing.
- Eliminate the "50% rule" in the State Energy Conservation Construction Code to broaden its applicability to building renovations. Renovation projects involving less than 50% of the "building subsystem" are currently exempt.
- Require "green" building standards for all school construction.
- Amend the State Environmental Quality Review Act to require environmental impact statements to document GHG emissions and climate change considerations.
- Require GHG emissions considerations to be included in municipal comprehensive plans.
The report is a wealth of information. Please let me know your thoughts or comments on any of the topics in the report.
I intend to Post on a minimum of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED!